Check back for future job postings with the
New River Valley Disability Resource Center.
Job Title: Executive Director
Relisting–The Disability Rights & Resource Center (DRRC) is searching for an Executive Director.
DRRC serves the counties of Franklin, Henry, Patrick and Pittsylvania and the cities of Danville and Martinsville in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Responsible for the administration and overall functioning of all aspects of the Center, including fiscal, personnel and programmatic. The Executive Director works with the Board of Directors to develop Center policies and short/long range plans and is responsible for their implementation. The Executive Director will ensure compliance with all contractual obligations of the Center. The Executive Director represents the Center with State and Local policy makers and administrators.
- Knowledge of independent living movement, philosophy and major disability rights issues
- Experience working at a Center for Independent Living or grass roots disability advocacy organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with advocacy organizations on all levels
- A minimum of five years experience as a manager within a nonprofit organization advocating with people with disabilities
- Strong communication skills and experience with both written and verbal language
- Public relations experience
- Experience and demonstrated success in fund raising, resource development and grant writing
- Experience supervising employees
- Experience/knowledge of budget development and fiscal management of a nonprofit with a budget of approximately $250,000 annually
- Master’s Degree preferred (Experience can substitute for some education)
- Personal experience with a disability preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Work together with and report to the Board of Directors on the development and implementation of Center policies and systems advocacy
- Monitor all Center contractual obligations to ensure compliance
- Oversee all aspects of personnel management; responsible for hiring and firing
- Develop and monitor overall operating budget; assure fiscal responsibility
- Supervise management staff of Center as well as other positions as appropriate
- Implement and monitor resource development and fund raising activities; grant writing
- Represent Center in the community and serve as liaison to local, state and national organizations
- Develop and implement ongoing short and long-range programmatic planning processes for Center
Supervisor: Board of Directors
DRRC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation or any other protected category. We strongly encourage people with disabilities and all qualified persons to apply for this position.
- Application Deadline: August 19, 2018
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Previous applicants need not apply.